Hometown: West Chester, Pennsylvania DOB: 19/09/1986
- 2015 Pennsylvania State Road Race Champion
- 2013 – Competed for Continental team, Garneau-Quebecor in USA and CAN
- 2009-2011 – Continental Team Cykelcity (Sweden) – Competed twice in Olympia’s Tour (UCI 2.2 Netherlands), Tour du Loire et Cher (UCI 2.2 France), Ronde Van Overijssel (UCI 2.2 Netherlands), and in Sweden, Norway, and Belgium
- 2004-2008 – Bucknell University, rider with most victories in Eastern Conference + Conference Champion in 2005
- 2004 – Member of USA Junior World Cycling Championships Track Team & USA Junior National Road Team
- 2004 – National Team Pursuit Champion (USA)
Michael Chauner has been involved in cycling for 16 years as an athlete, coach and entrepreneur. He began racing at age 14 and steadily improved through the junior ranks, collecting state and national championship medals, earning a spot on the Junior National Team in 2004 and competing with team USA in Belgium, France and Holland. He helped his PA Team decisively win the National Team Pursuit Championship and qualify for the 2004 Junior World Track Championships in Los Angeles.
Michael is a strong believer in combining a cycling career with higher education. He graduated from Bucknell University in 2008 with a degree in psychology and collected 11 collegiate cycling victories throughout his academic career making him the winningest Eastern Collegiate Cycling Conference rider during 2004 through 2008. As a freshman in 2005, he became the ECCC Champion and achieved a top-5 performance in the Collegiate National Road Championships.
After graduation Michael continued his elite racing career. In 2009 he was invited to join Team Cykelcity.se of Sweden and turned professional with them in 2011 where he earned international victories in Belgium and Sweden. That year he attained his lifelong dream of competing in the Philadelphia International Cycling Championships, the race his father founded. Mike still competes in Belgium, The Netherlands, France, Germany, Sweden and Norway and now balances racing excursions to Europe with elite racing throughout the U.S. He is well known and respected regionally with 5 wins in 2015 including the PA State Road Championship.